25 November 2008

22: morning radio



I got someone to cover my radio show last night so I could go to the Weaver at the Loom/Low vs. Diamond/Barcelona show at the Varsity. I can't remember the last time I went to a show that early. It started at 6 and was done by 9. It was nice though because I had time to hang out with my roommate and hit the gym after I got home. The show itself was fun. I got to hang a little with Sara who I hadn't seen for awhile and I helped out one of her friends who just got a Nikon D60. Also, I adore Barcelona and they were fabulous. Listening to them reminds me of being in Australia, as their album was constantly on repeat during my daily bus commute to and from Parliament. They toured with my amigos This World Fair this summer, so I saw them a ridiculous amount (From Milwaukee to Minneapolis to Chicago to Madison to San Francisco...it was a good summer).

Speaking of which, I have not gone on any crazy music road trips this semester. It's weird. I haven't even been back to Illinois since Lollapalooza. I don't really miss it too much either. Minnesota has stolen my heart.

No comments: